Monday, February 25, 2013

Daniel Day-Lewis makes history as he becomes first Best Actor ever to take home THREE Oscars



Lewis is tremendous actor!


Daniel Day-Lewis made history on Sunday night as he became the first actor in history to win three Academy Awards.
The British-born star took home the Best Actor prize for playing the title role of Abraham Lincoln in the biopic Lincoln - making it the third time he has taken home the prestigious award.

Accepting his prize, Day-Lewis, 55, said: 'I really don't know how any of this happened. I do know I've received much more than my fair share of good fortune in my life.'#

Day-Lewis was praised for his humorous acceptance prize upon winning for his role in Steven Spielberg's Lincoln. 

As he collected the award from fellow former Oscar winner Meryl Streep, Day-Lewis joked: 'It's strange because, three years ago, before we decided to do a straight swap, I had actually been committed to play Margaret Thatcher and Meryl was Steven's first choice for Lincoln. I'd have liked to see that version!'

More here

Follow me on Twitter@thelasttradio

No comments: