Friday, January 18, 2013

Lance Armstrong is Evil: “I didn't feel bad, I didn't think it was wrong and I didn't feel like I was cheating': confesses to Oprah



I’m not gonna spend too much time on this because I never cared for cycling or Lance Armstrong.  But, on an evil scale, Lance is up there with the Newton shooter!  It takes pure evil to do what he did and from what I’ve seen I don’t think he’s come close to copping to it. 


Lance Armstrong finally came clean about his years of using performance enhancing drugs in his first lengthy public interview since the governing committees accused him of running the 'sophisticated' doping ring to secure his world record titles. 
‘I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times,’ he said in an televised interview with Oprah Winfrey.
He admitted that he doped in some form for each of his seven Tour de France victories, though he maintained that the last time that he 'crossed that line' was in 2005. 
he distinction of before and after 2005 is important as that was the last year that capped off his incredible seven-year winning streak at the Tour de France. 
On top of the outright confession, he said that part of the reason why it carried on for as long as it did was because he 'didn't feel like' he was cheating. 
'The definition of cheat is to gain an advantage on a rival or foe that they didn't have. I didn't view it that way. I viewed it as a level playing field,' he said.
He described the elaborate doping ring that he and his teammates developed was not quite as legendary as the investigatory commissions described it. 
'It was definitely professional and it was definitely smart if you can call it that but it was very conservative, very risk averse, and very aware of what mattered,' he said. 
‘While I've lived through this process ... I know the truth the truth isn’t what is out there, the truth isn’t what I said.’
More here

Follow me on Twitter@thelasttradio

No comments: